Influencer marketing is rapidly evolving. More brands than ever adopt influencer marketing and make it part of their marketing strategy. The fast adoption comes with a lot of new and exciting data about influencer marketing.
Consumers on social media are brand-aware today and they are more accepting of branded collaborations. The accepting audience goes hand in hand with the inbound marketing approach, as noted in HubSpot’s inbound annual report, that demands more authentic content with less interruptions.
Here we wanted to share important stats that summarize the state of the industry for 2016. Feel free to tell us how these stats resonate with your experience.
Why Influencer Marketing
- 94% of consumers trust friends more than celebrities with product endorsements (Source).
- 54% of influencers reported an increase in requests from brands for sponsored content in the last year (Source: SheSpeaks).
Leading Platforms for Branded Collaborations
- Blogs (54%)
- Instagram (42%)
- Facebook (33%)
- Twitter (29%)
Influencer Marketing Ethics and Challenges
- 25% of influencers have been asked not to disclose paid posts by their brand partners.
- 95% of influencers insist to disclose to their audience that a content is sponsored.
Top three challenges influencers see with branded collaborations:
- “insufficient briefing from brands”
- “balancing brand messages with an appropriate tone of voice for their audience”
- “optimizing content by having brands share the work.”
The Celebrity level of influencers with more than 3 million followers charge an average of $187,500 for a sponsored YouTube video; $75,000 for a post on Instagram or Snapchat; and $30,000 for a post on Twitter. (Source)
The Magic-Middle Influencers with 50,000 to 500,000 followers charge an average of $2,500 for a YouTube video, $1,000 for Instagram or Snapchat post, and $400 for a post on Twitter. (Source: Captiv8)
Influencer Marketing ROI
- “The average engagement on a brand post is 0.5% whereas the average for an influencer post is 2%.”
Cost Per Thousand Views:
- YouTube: $65-$71 with influencer Marketing vs. $78-$104 on paid advertising
- Facebook: $13-$19 with influencer Marketing vs. $39-$52 on Paid advertising
- Instagram: $9-$18 with influencer Marketing vs. on $10-$19 Paid advertising
Ready to Make a Huge Step into Influencer Marketing? Meet Klear:
Latest posts by Yuval Maoz (see all)
- How to Add an Influencer Gallery to Your Site [Product Updates] - May 8, 2018
- 9 Free Instagram Analytics Tools To Try in 2018 - January 23, 2018
- Influencer Marketing Trends You Must Know in 2018 - January 15, 2018