We've released add-ons for @appharbor! Go sign up for Cloudant, Mailgun, Memcacher, MongoHQ or Redis To Go:
I once used Visual Basic so I'm in no position to judge, but it baffles me that someone would pick PHP for a new project.
25 % of .NET versioning issues relates to fragmentations of the runtime. The remaining 75 % is caused by Json.NET.
If you're a all Microsoft shop, now is the time to look at other technologies. No single vendor is making all the best solutions.