#Battleship is thankful to the men & women in the armed forces. Click here for military discounts to see the film: bitly.com/JP3htf
Bring the battle to your hometown! Type in your address and see what happens when the battle comes to your block. bit.ly/I9pUej
The museum is hosting a clam boil fundraiser on the fantail of the USS Massachusetts to benefit the restoration of the Huey Helicopter on Sunday, June 26, from 5:30-7:30pm!
The UH-1m (Huey) on display at Battleship Cove was manufactured in 1966, and served two tours in Vietnam was assigned to the 14th Aviation Battalion of the 23rd Infantry Division. She was hit by hostile fire in 1969 – the battle damage still visible today. The Huey was dedicated at the museum on May 30, 1993, and is an important part of this country’s history.
Guests will enjoy waterfront seating, and a classic clam boil with all the fixings.
2 Qts of clams
Half a link of chourico
2 Sausage links
1 Hot dog
1 White potato
1 Sweet potato
1 Ear of corn
Melted butter and broth
Meal is served with iced tea and lemonade and chocolate brownie trifles for dessert.
Space is very limited and reservations are required.
$40 Adults, Veterans $35.00, $18.00 Children 12 and under. Reservations are required. Please call 508-678-1100 ext. 101/102 to reserve your tickets today.
For more information regarding the Huey Helicopter restoration, please email Elizabeth York at email@example.com.
When the battle for Earth begins, will you be ready? #Battleship hits theaters May 18, 2012! ow.ly/9Ffb6 @BattleshipMovie
#Boom! You just saw the #Battleship #SB46 spot! The battle for Earth begins at sea. RT & watch again: ow.ly/8T5TA @BattleshipMovie
You’re on school vacation! A sailor would call that being on “liberty.” Visit Battleship Cove during Liberty Week for a hands-on look at life at sea for a Navy sailor April 18-22, 9:00am-5:00pm.
Throughout the week, take part in exciting activities and demonstrations, and see if a sailor’s life is for you. Activities are free with paid admission.
Occurring all week:
• Orientation film shown every hour: This 22 minute film will give you a flavor of life on a World War II battleship (all day)
• Scavenger hunts: answer the questions to win a prize!
• Kid’s tour of the battleship: (11:00 AM): Come along on this one-hour tour for children as we explore the battleship and her life at sea
• Navy Lingo Bingo: (1:00 PM): Learn to speak like a sailor in this fun game of bingo
• SONAR Training: (2:00 PM): Do you have what it takes to be a SONAR operator in WW2? Test your listening skills as you try to identify underwater sounds
• Sea Bag Inspection Races: (3:30 PM): Beat the clock to lay out a sailor’s bag for inspection
• Signal Flag posters: (3:30 PM): Write your name in signal flags and design a take-home poster
• Dress up in uniform: (3:30 PM): Try on a sailor’s uniform and see if it fits
Please visit www.battleshipcove.org, or call 508-678-1100 ext. 101 for more information.